Thursday, July 28, 2011

Bridal: Bridal Showers-yay or nay?


I'm probably going to piss off a lot of my relatives and friends for saying this, but I really hate bridal showers. The thing is, whenever I'm at a bridal shower, I ALWAYS get stuck with the hard labor work involved in the shower. You know what I'm talking about; unwrapping the gifts, passing them to the next person in the assembly line, and then getting the gift back and trying to organize it somewhere in a corner so it's easy to carry off and take home. I understand when one is a bridesmaid, part of their job is to help out with the bridal shower, but c'mon! (lol) It's not an easy job when you have on 5 inch heels and a dress. It's just not a good look to be cute one minute and then wiping sweat off your forehead after pushing around boxes that are bigger than you. So that's my gripe about bridal showers.
I know it's inevitable that I will have my own one day (my mother wouldn't have it any other way), but if i can help it, I would like to try a different approach. And one more thing, I don't really care to sit there and watch the bride-to-be open and show off all the gifts they get; I already know what you're getting! It's called the BRIDAL REGISTRY! On the upside, I do enjoy them because it's a good excuse to get together with friends and family, and I'm always up for a good time, but I could do without the hard labor.  Does anyone have any ideas for a non-traditional baby shower, that's still fun? Let me know some of your ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment