Thursday, August 4, 2011

Bridal Shorts: Themed Wedding

I just love a good themed wedding! The more traditional ones are when all the little details some how are cohesive: invitations match the color scheme, the menu cards match the invitations, the flowers match the menu cards, and it all matches without being too matchy-matchy. Other wedding themes are a bit more obvious such as a disney wedding, or even a seashell wedding. Whatever tickles your fancy, I say just go with it, it's your day after all! I'm not sure if I would particularly do a themed wedding, but I guess if I had to, it would probably be a 1940's or 1950's themed wedding. I think the women, the hairstyles, and the fashion of those eras were just so timeless and classic. Even if you are not big on themes, you could always be very subtle with some of the details, such as makeup style, shoes, or even a nice finger wave for your hair without having to sacrifice the modern look of a wedding. the trick is to not have your wedding look like a halloween party, unless of course, that is your theme. For some vintage inspired dresses check out Unique Vintage and The Vintage Wedding Dress Company. Have you ever been to a themed wedding? What are some other themes that you like?

No comments:

Post a Comment